MANAGING TAXES DUE
THE LOCAL COUNCILS IN THE THREE REGIONS HAVE BEEN TAXING LEAFLET DROPS FOR QUITE A NUMBER OF YEARS ALREADY.
- Managing the taxes due can be a laborious task due to the following:
- Every municipality has its own tax rules and regulations;
- Every region has its own leaflet drop policy (but the municipalities have the authority to tax);
- The tax return must be submitted prior to the leaflet drop, upon penalty of being fined;
- The municipality can charge tax up to two years after the tax return was submitted.
So, it may be difficult to find your way through this when you do a monthly leaflet drop in a given area…
Médiapub, far from encouraging you not to pay the tax, has developed systems to enable you to pay as little tax as possible.
- Firstly, at the leaflet design stage, we recommend designing a ‘low tax’ leaflet, for example, a leaflet weighing less than 10 g for leaflets distributed in Wallonia.
- We offer a Taxtrack service to handle all the tax formalities for you for all leaflet distribution campaigns.
- We manage the local information magazine ‘info-familles’, which enables you, the advertiser, to benefit from a very low tax rate, regardless of the weight of the leaflet.
MEDIAPUB can provide numerous references.
We not only work with prestigious leaflet distribution companies, but also with quite a number of SMEs.
Our large accounts include, for example:
Our SME accounts include, for example: